Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Believe Layout by Jill

Hello!  I was so excited for the gorgeous stars in the new Christmas Star cut file set in The Cut Shoppe Etsy shop!  I love designs that can be big and bold on my layouts, or can be cut smaller and used as embellishments.  For this layout I decided to go big and bold, check it out below!


My first step was enlarging the believe star and rotating it slightly in my Silhouette software, knowing I wanted the cut located on the top left of my white cardstock.  I cut the star twice, once from the white paper and again from the green plaid so I could inlay the plaid on the white.



I backed the cut file with a more solid red paper so it would really pop on my layout.

I used a smaller photo from last Christmas of our elf, Elfie.  This wasn't a major moment in our lives, but I wanted to capture some of Elfie's antics!  I used several patterned papers behind the photo, then embellished with stickers.


I've loved banners since the moment they became a hot embellishment in scrapping, so I add them to about half of my layouts, haha!  I used my sewing machine to stitch a few rows to make the banner look like it's hanging.


And here's the layout, I was so happy with my end result!


Thanks so much for stopping by TCS blog today, I hope you're getting all prepared for Christmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment