Monday, November 6, 2017

New Cut Files | It's Fall Y'all

What's a better way to kick off the week, than with new Cut File designs??!!  Thursday's are usually our new cut file reveal day, but our family was in Disney last week, so I decided to do the new reveal today!  :)  This week we've got a mix of fall and everyday cut file designs.  I had to go with one of the fall designs, and I'm sure there's no surprise there!!  The Fall Foliage cut file set has one of my new favorite designs, and I've been waiting to use it for today's layout!


https://www.etsy.com/listing/556149326/the-fall-foliage-cut-file-set-includes-6?ref=shop_home_active_3

I created the word fall in this set to mimic the veining in a leaf.  I love the variation it gives you for adding patterned paper behind the design.  You can back each individual section, each letter or the top and bottom half of each letter like I did on my layout! 


I wanted to add more of an eye-catching look to the title, so I hand-stitched around each of the letters with a different colored embroidery floss.  I coordinated the thread colors to match the papers and embellishments from the Crate Paper Gather collection.  


I layered my photo and some of the embellishments over the large letters, and kept everything else a bit more on the simple side.  I really wanted the title to be the focal point of the layout.

There are plenty of fall designs included in the Fall Foliage cut file set.  You can pick it up in The Cut Shoppe Etsy store, along with our other new designs!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe

Thanks for stopping by today!  We'll have our next new cut files in the Shop on Thursday, November 16th, so make sure to mark your calendar!

https://ashleyhortondesigns.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment