Thursday, October 5, 2017

Farm Fresh + NEW Cut Files!

Hello Cut Shoppe fans!  It's so exciting to be back with a new Design Team and BRAND NEW Cut Files!!  Today, we've got four new designs in the Shop, and I have a layout to share with you, using the Farm Fresh Cut File set.


https://www.etsy.com/listing/548768618/the-farm-fresh-cut-file-set-includes-6?ref=shop_home_active_2 

This cut file was a perfect fit for a layout about our recent visit to the Silos in Waco, TX.  I had several photos I wanted to include on the layout, but couldn't quite figure out how I wanted to arrange them.  Once I cut the design and placed it on my background paper, the idea for the photos popped into my head.  Instead of using four separate photos, I created a photo collage, which made it a one photo layout...which is what I typically like to do anyway.


Before placing the photo collage in the center of the crossing arrows, I machine stitched over them.  I also added hand-stitching around the outside of each of the letters.  I love the texture that stitching adds to a layout.  


Once all of the stitching was finished, I added my embellishments.  I created clusters on each of the letters from the cut file.  I really liked the look of the embellishments grouped around each of the letters, to keep the layout from being too busy.

You can pick up the Farm Fresh Cut File in The Cut Shoppe Etsy store, along with our other new designs.  Here's a look at what's new!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe

We would love to see how you're using our Cut Files, so make sure you share on Social Media and tag us @thecutshoppe!

https://ashleyhortondesigns.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment