Friday, September 16, 2016

Best Ever

Hello fellow Creators! Michelle here today with a cute new layout using the Oodles of Doodles cut file set and a super cute photo of my little girl Leila. This face is so precious to us, and a few years have passed since the photo was taken, but I just had to share it with you all.


I've focused on using just 1 design from the set, the multiple heart shape, which I've duplicated 5 times and welded together to create a flower shape. Each similar part of the design has been backed with the same papers. Smaller hearts all in a spotted paper, middle heart pieces in an ombre brush stroke paper and the outer heart shapes in a multi coloured painted effect paper. Then lastly, the middle star with a bright green paper. Once all the pieces were backed I sewed around each shape with some white cotton thread.

Here's some close ups..
I alternated the stitching size around the shapes for some added texture



I embellished the page with some fussy cut flowers from the same collection, Fancy Free by Paige Evans. Love this collection and it is perfect for using with cut files!

Thats all from me today. I hope this has inspired you in some way. 
Be sure to check out the new files within The Cut Shoppe Etsy store, and don't forget to share your creations with us!
Until next time, Happy Scrapping
Michelle x





No comments:

Post a Comment