Sunday, June 26, 2016

Chillin'

Hi there! I love it when a cut file comes along that inspires you to use some of your stash! I've been sitting on some Pink Paislee Citrus Bliss since last year. I used it for a couple layouts, but it's mostly been sitting around because I struggled with the more theme-y bits of it. Along came the Fresh Squeezed cut file, and inspiration struck! 


The citrus cut file was perfect for my stash, along with a fun picture I had of my niece being her cute and sassy self.


I cut out the 8.5"x11" size of the Fresh Squeezed file, and painted it a green-yellow Gelato color. I dipped the actual Gelato into water, and just colored directly on the cut file, I rubbed it in with my fingers, and it covered the whole file without buckling the paper. I also added in some yellow for some dimension. I laid out my photo and embellishments, and then cut out the circles that would be covered by the photo. These were perfect to go on either side of the cut file to make it appear larger!


I added enamel dots and brads to the center of the fruits, and the layout was done! The only question is are they lemons or limes? The green-yellow color makes it indeterminable! 


This layout and cut file has me all ready for summer and craving a glass of lemonade! I hope you have a happy, sunny day!

No comments:

Post a Comment