Thursday, July 30, 2015

Let's Do This

I love it when a photo and a cut file come together perfectly!  I created the Graffiti Greetings cut file a while back and knew it would definitely be the one I used for my post, when the time came.  I didn't have a certain photo in mind though...until I snapped this photo of our middle daughter playing in the sprinkler earlier this week.  She was doing her thing and posing while I snapped photos. I ended up with this one, with her fist up and a determined look on her face!  So it ended up being a match made in heaven!




https://www.etsy.com/listing/242285850/the-graffiti-greetings-cut-file-set?ref=shop_home_active_3

I decided to cut the Let's Do This image, to the full size of my Cameo mat, because I wanted to add my photo behind the "O".  The Happy Things collection from Pinkfresh Studio worked really well with the colors in my photo, so I used a multi-colored patterned paper for the background.  I used my watercolors to add some color to the cut file and a few of the positive letters, that I added back into the words, once they were painted.  I also hand stitched around each of the letters with embroidery floss, to make the words stand out a bit more.  Since I had a lot of color on this layout, I kept the embellishments to a minimum and used Black & White, transparent items and wood veneers.

If you're stopping by The Cut Shoppe to do a little shopping, don't miss out on the other two new sets that are now available in the Shop!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe

And don't forget, that our Design Team Call is still going on!  You can find all of the details for applying, HERE.

http://thecutshoppe.blogspot.com/p/design-team-call.html

Supplies:  Graffiti Greetings Cut File:  The Cut Shoppe; Patterned Paper, Thickers, Wood Veneers, Acetate Triangles, Rubber Charm & Puffy Stickers:  Pinkfresh Studio; Flair Button:  A Flair for Buttons; Color Shine:  Heidi Swapp; Enamel Dots:  Freckled Fawn, Die Cut Machine:  Silhouette Cameo

http://www.ashleyhortondesigns.com/

2 comments: